Thursday, September 13, 2012

Spring INto Rhubarb



S P R I N G has arrived! After our colder months, filled with layers and layers of clothes, cozy socks, bulky jackets, soft knits, warm hot chocolates and most of all, our wardrobes filled with all those warm deep dark colours and lets not forget our snuggly scarves!  
Isn't it GREAT to finally see Winter* out and Spring arrive?
I love getting all warm and cozy in winter, and every year I'm glad to see it arrive, crazy i know, but I'm not going to lie. This does only last for roughly 27 and a half seconds! 
As a clothing store owner, i love the beginning of Spring, although when its time to order the spring stock, I'm usually just getting into jackets and boots and all the above that i mentioned before and i have to order for spring. It messes with my mind, i just cannot seem to get my mind around it every year.
 August arrives and so does our Spring stock, and by this time, its so great to see some colour pop up throughout the store. 
This year's Spring/Summer fashion is B.R.I.G.H.T.S . Bold and strong!  Im sure you have all seen these colours in the stores around you by now.  We have had a few cold snaps up this way (well what we class as cold) and we just haven't had the chance to fully embrace the spring fling! 
Today is the day! The day Rhubarb transforms her from window into a Spring Sensation! 





I love to get creative with my window displays. I always have a lot a fun! 
People often walk by and wonder what on earth i am doing, i always seem to have "things" everywhere and then BAM all of a sudden it turns into a piece of "WORK". 
This years spring themed window, which i am pretty impressed with, is all about "pops" of colour. I have bright bits and pieces tied from a curtain rod which i have threaded through some fishing line hanging from the ceiling. Everything is tied on with fishing line so it gives a "floating effect". 
I then laid fake grass down and then popped some mirrors down inline with the floating effect above it, so when people walk by they will see the reflection of the hanging feature. 
Rhubarb's window is a low window so its quite easy to do these effects and features.

I then tied black, white and silver in with the theme down the bottom. These colours are always a wardrobe essential as they are very versatile with any season and outfit. 
When decorating my window, i always keep in mind that its the first impression of your shop. It will either turn people away or bring people in. Your window is an "appetiser", gives you a little taste of whats inside. 
How many times have you walked past a shop and walked away as there wasn't much that grabbed your eye in the window or at a first glance??  Very often i bet! 
First impressions are the most very important! 

I wish i could show you a front on picture, unfortunately the lighting doesn't work in my favour at this time of the day.  If anyone has any photography advice - I'm all ears!

Does this make you want to go put those brights on? Bright Lipsticks ? Bright Jeans? Bright Shoes? Bright Jewellery? Hello 80's! 

I am often asked if i have done a designer course in decorating.... The answer is no, but i take this as a huge compliment, as i never considered myself a creative person, i  really just match it all together and add a twist!  I'm sure there are designers out there that would totally disagree with my way of decorating, and thats ok!  It works for Rhubarb, and if it catches your eye, its done its job! It our way of displaying our stock and inspiring you in your home or with your outfit or style. 
Happy Spring!  If your around, Spring into Rhubarb and have a look out our stock we have in store, if your not around the store, spring onto our Facebook site and check it out! 
We do post to anywhere in Australia. 

Yours in Spring Style, Caitlyn! 

No comments:

Post a Comment