Tuesday, September 18, 2012

My Mr Rhubarb Right!

My Mr Rhubarb Right...



I would like to introduce you to my much better half, Finley Hewitt. 

Finley is also Rhubarb's better half, although i am really selfish and don't like sharing! Finley and i brought Rhubarb together 2 years ago, i never actually thought i would have any chance of this "cowboy" rough rider going into business with me, in a female retail industry. Surprisingly Finley was/is actually the person that pushed/s me and helped me through to times when business goes a little bit pear shaped! 
He is the perfect business partner! I'm not being soppy by any means, I'm really serious, because he is much like a silent partner, but he always seems to appear when i need him and is sitting silently in the background when i don't need him .  Fin has a great financial and business mind. Unlike myself, that has the "i want to do, i don't care how but i want it and want to do it now" mind. Which isn't always good. 





Finley and i live together on his parent's property which he helps manage, don't even get me started on the "cattle, crops, fencing" discussions that go on every "get together" we have. Finley's Mum Tracey Hewitt, and i often start our own little "she woman cattle discussion haters club!" We love our farm boy's to bits, but they L.I.V.E. and B.R.E.A.T.H.E it! 
Finley and his 2 other brothers will be the 3rd generation Hewitt's on "Charvel" when and if it comes time to pass it on. When i say "when" i mean if the mining doesn't take over before hand. 

I am often told by Mr Right, that he doesn't care where he is, as long he has his cows he will be happy.. hmmmmm i don't know about you but WHAT ABOUT ME!! :-) He then very quickly adds "oh and you too of course.."  I'm not sure if it's ever quick enough to save himself!  




Finley and i celebrated our engagement earlier this year. We were engaged 12 months yesterday, (18.9.2012)  that is. Time has flown,let me tell you! 




I class myself as very lucky, blessed and i cherish what Finley and i share. I always remember someone telling me, when you find love you will know, its different. It sure is different. 
To have someone that has the capability to pick you up, carry you, support you, lean on and most of all accepts and loves you is pretty amazing. Rhubarb is very lucky to have this man in her life, and not many of us small business owners have someone like Fin in our business. I can tell you know, if it wasn't for my Handsome prince, I'm not sure Rhubarb would have survived the floods and been here today! 

Each day is a battle in 1 way or another, but it's all worth it to see what joy Rhubarb brings to the ladies of the Rural! 




















2 comments:

  1. OK...So this made me tear up! Let me just say, that Fin is equally lucky to have found his Princess in Caitlyn - they are a wonderful team!

    Blessings on your journeys together - in life and in business!xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blogspot needs to have a LIKE button on comments!!!
    Dam you Facebook and our habits that we create from using it!!

    Thanks trace!
    Just had a little soft moment and i know if he reads this he would be all like "ohhh whatever... take that off! " lol .. .bless his manly ways!

    ReplyDelete