Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Coat Hanger --> Scarves Hanger!

Hi! 

Today i am following on from yesterdays blog, "It's All About The Scarf".  

Before i start, i do have a question for you.... 

 Does your scarf draw look like my scarf draw? 


Photo taken by Caitlyn Hewitt @ Rhubarb Boutique


It absolutely drives me bonkers! 

At the end of every Winter i seem to have multiplied my scarf collection by quite a bit .. (Whoops) ... and at the end of every Winter i wash all of my scarves, neatly fold them and put them all nice and neat in a draw. It looks really tidy for about as long as 27 seconds.

So this Winter i went on a mission to solve my problem.

 A storage solution that didn't have to cost money, take allot of time, and didn't have to change every year when i keep adding more scarves to my collection (being completely honest about my addiction).

My problem is solved! After googling, i found SO many ways to overcome this issue, but i particularly liked this one. 

1 coat hanger, your scarves and wherever you would like to hang them! 

Photo taken by Caitlyn Hewitt @ Rhubarb Boutique

HOW SIMPLE!!! 

I have used timber coat hangers, but a plastic coat hanger would work just as good! 

I decided to colour co-ordinate the scarves on each hanger. You will find this will be easier to find that scarf you are looking for and will look neater in your wardrobe.


Photo taken by Caitlyn Hewitt @ Rhubarb Boutique

Don't have the room in your wardrobe? What about putting a couple of nails or hook on your wall and turn them into a feature in your room. 

Photo taken by Caitlyn Hewitt @ Rhubarb Boutique

What about picking yourself up a cheap clothes rack from any major store and just displaying them on there? 

Photo taken by Caitlyn Hewitt @ Rhubarb Boutique

Once you start looking for a spot to hang your scarves, you will be surprised at just how many you probably actually have. 

Even better..... YOU NOW HAVE ANOTHER DRAW! 

Who read this and went "WHY DIDN'T I THINK OF THIS ! " ... 
Don't worry i did too! 



Stay tuned for our next blog... 

We show you trick with wire coat hangers and your shoes! 

Be notified when the next blog is up, simply just subscribe by entering your email --->> 

Yours in Style
Caitlyn Hewitt


3 comments:

  1. I too share your addiction & have had scarf.hangers before but I love the simplicity of your idea. I currently use one of those hanging shoe storage thingys & roll the scarves to put in it. I'm going home this weekend to try your hanger suggestion. have you got any large cotton scarves at the moment Caitlyn?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kazza,

    Look forward to hearing how you go! Keep me posted with a picture.
    I am currently waiting for a scarf order to arrive, stay tuned on FB and our website for when they arrive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice article, I enjoyed reading your post, very nice share, I want to twit this to my followers. Thanks!.
    Wool Scarves UK

    ReplyDelete